|Last Will and Testament of Abraham Hendrickson
of Clinton County Iowa
|Return to list of wills|
|I Abraham Hendrickson of the County of Clinton in the State of Iowa and at the age of Eighty years being of sound mind and memory and considering the uncertainty of life do hereby make publish and declare this to be my last will and testament that is to say:
1. I direct that after my decease all my lawful debts and liabilities and all my funeral expenses be fully paid and discharged.
2. I give devise and bequeath to my son John Hendrickson the sum of Five Hundred dollars.
3. To my daughter Nancy M. Clymens I give devise and bequeath the sum of Five Hundred dollars.
4. To the Church of Jesus Christ of the latter day Saints situate at the town of Plano in Kendall County, State of Illinois I give devise and bequeath the sum of Five Hundred dollars.
5. To my daughter Sarah Jane Castle who now lives with me and takes care of me, I give devise and bequeath all the rest residue and remainder of my estate both real and personal of which I shall die seized to have and to hold the same forever in her own right in fee simple.
6. Likewise I constitute and appoint William Scott and my said daughter Sarah Jane Castle of Clinton County State of Iowa to be the executors of this my last will and testament hereby revoking and making void all other wills by me at any time made. Dated this 27th day of July 1881
The above written instrument was subscribed by the said Abraham Hendrickson in our presence and acknowledged by him to each of us and he at the same time published and declared the above instrument so subscribed to be his last will and testament and we at the testators request and in his presence and in the presence of each other have signed our names as witness hereto.
A. M. Hall
I certify that on this 8th day of Feb. 1882 in the presence of and at the request of the said A. Hendrickson the testator I inserted the letter M. as part of the name of Mary M. Clymens in the fist line of the 3rd paragraph and at the same time by the same request inserted between the first and second lines of the 6th paragraph of said will the words, “and my said daughter Sarah Jane Castle”.
State of Iowa }
Clinton County } SS
I William Kreim, clerk of the District Court in and for said County do hereby certify that on this day at the Sept Term A. D. 1888 of said Court the will and instrument in writing hereunto annexed and bearing date in the 27th day of July 1881 was duly proved before and allowed by said court as and for the last will and testament of the real and personal estate of Abraham Hendrickson late of said County deceased and was by said Court ordered to be recorded as such will and testament. In witness whereof I have hereunto at my hand and affixed the seal of the court at my office in Clinton in said County this 12th day of Sept. A. D. 1888.
Seal – William Kreim, Clerk