|LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF FIDELI HENLE
OF CLINTON COUNTY IOWA
|Return to Will list|
|In the name of God Amen;
I Fideli Henle of Lyons Township in the County of Clinton and State of Iowa of the age of Seventy five years and being of sound mind and memory wishing to arrange my worldly affairs do make ordain publish and declare this to be my last will and testament in manner following after all my lawful debts are paid I give devise and bequeath
1. To my grandson William F. Henle residing in Florida my gold watch and the sum of six hundred dollars.
2. To my son Joseph F. Henle the few articles of furniture which I own and which are in the house of my daughter in law Theresa Henle with the exception of one feather bed for my granddaughter Luter? according to her desire.
3. All the rest of my property real as well as personal and wherever situated which I may own or be in anywise entitled to at the time of my decease shall be divided in two equal shares of which one share shall go to my son Joseph Henle and one share to my daughter in law Theresa Henle.
4. In making this division that of the notes and securities which I own the certain promissory note made by A. W. Stahle and L. L. Stahle dated May 12th 1885 and given for three hundred dollars shall be taken by my son Joseph Henle at its face value towards his share.
5. And the following notes to wit Conrad Stahle and A. B. Stahle dated December 4th 1885 for $285.00. A. B. Stahle and Theresa Stahle dated September 27, 1882 for $500. Conrad Stahle and J. C. Stahle dated November 8th, 1880 for $500. J. C. Stahle and C. Stahle and Fannie Stahle dated March 27, 1886 for $100, shall be taken by my daughter in law Theresa Henle at their face value towards her share.
6. It is my will that in calculating the promissory notes mentioned in pp 4 and 5 of this will the principal only should be taken in consideration but not any interest which may have accrued.
7. I purposely omit to make any provisions in this will for the children of my son Mathew Henle dec. because they are the natural heirs of their mother to whom I have given a large share of my estate and during the lifetime of their said mother they will need no other protection than her motherly affection will afford.
8. And lastly I hereby make constitute and appoint my friend B. H. A. Henningsen of Lyons Iowa sole executor of this my last will and testament. In witness whereof I have here unto set my hand this second day of September A. D. 1887
The foregoing instrument was at the day of the date thereof signed and declared by the said Fideli Henle as and for his last will and testament in presence of us who at his request and in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto signed our names as witnesses thereto.
C. Gruber M. D.
State of Iowa
I William Kreim clerk of the District Court in and for said County do hereby certify that on this day at the September Term A. D. 1887 of said Court the will and instrument in writing hereunto annexed and bearing date in the 2th day of September 1877 was duly proved before and allowed by said court as and for the last will and testament of the real and personal estate of Fideli Henle late of said County deceased and was by said Court ordered to be recorded as such will and testament. In witness whereof I have hereunto at my hand and affixed the seal of the court at my office in Clinton in said County this 6th day of October A. D. 1887.
Seal – William Kreim, Clerk